May 6, 2014

Can You Sense the 3 Things I am Happy About?



Hi BLUSH Beauty,

Last week, I was at Macy’s with my husband in the men’s department when I saw an older gentleman shopping for a robe with his daughter.  As we were browsing through the clothing racks, I overheard him describing the color, length and texture of the robe he wanted.  Then, he tried on the robe and reached down to ensure it was the right length.  As he expressed excitement that he found the perfect robe, I looked up and realized the man was blind.
In that moment, my heart was filled with sentiment as I expressed to my husband that it’s the simple things in life that we take for granted.  Like our five senses, we overlook the daily blessings given to us to hear, see, touch, smell or taste.
The realization hit me that although there are areas in my life that I would love to change “like” tomorrow, there were enough little things to be happy for.  Instead of being miserable or frustrated, I can use that negative energy to appreciate the little things.

Ladies, in the midst of our frustration, now is the time to periodically exercise our ability to express gratitude for the things that are so easy to overlook.  Like the hug from your spouse after a long day of work. Or that homemade Mother's Day Card you received from your child. It could also be the happiness you experienced from treating yourself to the spa.
You have to admit that we tend to take for granted the good that is already present in our life.  So, view this week’s video, Can You Sense the 3 Things I am Happy About? Find out the 3 little things that bought me happiness over the last week.  Learn how to enjoy the simple things in life that brings you joy and reminds you that life is truly a beautiful thing.

You can also view this video on the BLUSH Society’s YouTube channel or here on the BLOG.     

Be sure to leave your comments on the blog.


With Love,
Adonus

4 comments:

  1. Yayyy Donus....I enjoyed seeing you also...Shout out Full Nelson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was like old times and you looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true. After my accident I felt like I would never be the same and I began to ask the question "Why me?" But I stopped before I could even get the words out of my mouth, the thought of even saying that statement seemed to be so selfish because I still have my arm and there are so many people such as soilders, diabetic, labor workers, etc. that have been in worse situations than me and they continue to live their lives the best way they know how. In ones life you can never predict your future and so many of us take life for granted not realizing that anything can happen at anytime that can change your life. It may sometimes feel like those changes were for the worse but trust God has a plan for your life so those changes and obstacles were placed in your life for a reason.

    Wow, I said a lot but my point is just what you stated in your message we should embrace life changes and be happy about them, why because tomorrow is never guaranteed and (may favorite motto) we only have one life so live it, love it and make the best of it! GREAT POST ADONUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It takes a lot to share your story with the world, but your strength and beautiful spirit will always help you remember the good in your situation. Our scars will always be a reminder of our journey and it makes us who we are. So stay beautiful and happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the BLUSH Society conversation!