May 20, 2014

My Scar is My Story



After hearing about Beyoncé’s family fiasco made public for the whole world to see, I immediately saw the bigger picture in what every woman could learn from her situation.  It was very simple and could easily be explained from my personal experience of burning my hand.

You may be a little puzzled with how these two situations relate, but you will soon learn that My Scar is My Story.  When I was in college, one of my favorite gourmet dinners to make was a caesar salad, Stouffer's chicken alfredo entree and hot biscuits.  One night while cooking, I went to remove my biscuits from the oven, when immediately I felt a hot sensation on the side of my hand.

I  looked down at my hand and noticed that I had a severe burn. The bruise was a little bigger than the size of a quarter.  I was absolutely livid and instantly called my mom to help me figure out what would be the best remedy.

You probably understand my pain because at some time in your life, your body sustained a bruise from some type of accident as a fall or just like me, a burn.  That burn has a life cycle that involves a long healing process where a scab  is developed.  Essentially, you are left with a scar as a permanent reminder of the pain and agony you went through in the first place. 

Rewind back to the Beyoncé matter, and we see that just like a burn, when private matters become public, there is a life cycle we go through to rebuild those broken relations and reunite as a family.

It’s disheartening to see family members at war.  The truth of the matter is that you never truly know what happens behind closed doors.  Be sure to view this week’s video: My Scar is My Story to receive a clear understanding of the steps required for family’s to pick up the pieces and move on.  It’s 100% true that no family is perfect, but with faith and work, there’s no reason why "not" to strive for perfection.

 

You can also view this video on the BLUSH Society’s YouTube channel or here on the BLOG.
Be sure to leave your comments on the blog.

With Love,
Adonus


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the BLUSH Society conversation!