January 27, 2015

My Love Letter to My Husband


 
Over the weekend, I spent a ton of time cleaning up around the house and throwing away things.  While going through a stack of old papers, I stumbled across a love letter I wrote to my husband literally ten years ago, which was around the time we started dating.

While reading the words on the sheet of paper, I was at awe of how I candidly- and shall I say “eloquently” expressed my feelings about our new, blossoming relationship.  It was like reading a scene out of Poetic Justice.

Let me just share that in the letter I took each letter of his name and came up with an adjective to nicely describe him.  So of course he was full of himself when I purposely placed the letter on his pillow to see years later.

My husband was so flattered by that old letter so much that he felt it was necessary to hang the letter up on our dresser as a keepsake. 
Morale to the story is that it was amazing to see the growth in my relationship through words I proclaimed many years before in a love letter to my husband. 

But more importantly, it’s a reminder of those  butterfly feelings I had when the relationship was so new that I couldn’t resist expressing. 

It’s not that your relationship gets stale. But it’s easy to become comfortable with your spouse that you overlook how important it is to openly expressing how you feel. 

Beyond the bills, work and your personal issues, it's time to find ways to keep your relationship hot and steamy.  This is key to sustaining your relationships for years to come. 






With Love,
Adonus




2 comments:

  1. I love this post...and happy to see how you guys have grown over the years. I am currently super excited about reconnecting with my first love and we are happily planning our lives together for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you enjoyed this post and many blessings to building an amazing future. That's what I love about the past. Not only is it apart of our journey thus far but as we see our past can be the key to a prosperous future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the BLUSH Society conversation!