May 19, 2015

Is Your Relationship Lacking That Trust Factor?



Who don’t love obstacle courses… of course you do if you're in a relationship!  This weekend, my relationship was tested when I explored my adventurous side and went hiking with my husband.  Let me just say, it was truly like walking into the wilderness – or simply the thrill of trying something new.


Well, it didn’t go as planned to begin with, when it started pouring down raining.  I reluctantly cut my hike short; while hubby insisted he would weather the storm.  He was in for a rude awakening when he realized there was a little rock climbing involved and walking through trenches… just about everything he didn’t expect J.  His reaction after it was over, “Babe, you were right, I saw the mountain top but I should have followed your lead.”
I have to be honest; it’s a great feeling being told you were right by your husband.  Besides, the bulk of relationship arguments revolve around debates about who was right or wrong.  But the bigger picture was that this experience taught us the importance of trust.  Trust in the sense that I’m telling you
1.    Sometimes you have to blindly follow your spouse’s lead, even when the unknowns outweigh the knowns or you just don’t understand why.

2.    Trust isn’t just trusting that your spouse doesn’t cheat, but trusting that you can lead and they will follow when it comes time to make decisions no matter what the outcome may be.
 

3.    Openly communicating about your actions after a situation has occurred, allows both of you to understand each person’s thought process and to set what I like to call "I Trust You Relationship Rules" for the future.

As a couple, to spice up your dating life, it’s always good to try new things, even if it means doing things out of your comfort zone.  And boy did my hiking voyage fit the bill.  Although going hiking didn’t go as planned, it still was a great time to connect, create lasting memories and of course test our trust levels.

 

Spreading BS,

Adonus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the BLUSH Society conversation!